© MyDocLab Sdn Bhd 2022
This Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice (“Policy”) describe how MyDocLab Sdn. Bhd., its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, associated companies, and jointly controlled entities (collectively “MyDocLab”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collect, use, process and disclose your Personal Data through the use of MyDocLab’s mobile applications and websites (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”), as well as products, features, and other services globally, operated by MyDocLab (collectively, “Services”). This Policy applies to our customers, agents, vendors, suppliers, partners, contractors, and service providers (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”).
MyDocLab may amend and update this Policy at any time and any amendments will be effective upon posting of updated Policy on the application services. Your consent will be bound by the updated Policy by continuing to use the Apps and Websites, upon any posting of Policy updates.
About MyDocLab App
MyDocLab is a mobile application to offer several types of diagnostic test services. It allows the users to conveniently access a range of diagnostic tests at the healthcare facilities of interest.
Product & Services offered
MyDocLab offers several types of diagnostic tests for users. It allows the users to conveniently access diagnostic tests at the healthcare facilities of interest.
- During signing up for an account, your personal information will be collected by MyDocLab.
- You must be of legal age in order to form a binding contract.
- Upon signing up, you agree that your personal information provided is correct, accurate, and up to date.
- Account credentials are to be kept confidential and you are responsible for maintaining your credentials and for all activities that occur under your account.
- MyDocLab reserves the right to take necessary actions in regard to the security of your account information and the App.
- Healthcare facilities that register in MyDocLab are independent professionals and only deliver diagnostic services to the MyDocLab users.
- Healthcare facilities should strictly follow SOPs in performing diagnostic tests.
- MyDocLab only provides test certificates for the users to know their test outcomes.
- MyDocLab is not a substitute for medical advice. Users of the application should consult their Healthcare professionals before making any health, medical or other decisions based upon the data contained herein.
- Healthcare providers should exercise their own independent clinical judgment when using the mobile app in conjunction with patient care.
We maintain strict confidentiality of all client information. The client data is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) of Act 709.
Prepayment is required before testing can be initiated.
Our payment terms are advance and full payment. The client will need to satisfy payment through MyDocLab mobile application when the client registers and makes a booking for the test. We accept all Visa and Mastercard
The fee to be charged is as indicated in the App. Such fees are subject to change at the discretion of MyDocLab at any time without prior notice
MyDocLab follows strict SOPs in performing tests.
Retesting is generally governed by our SOP for handling out-of-specification findings. Client authorized retesting will be billed accordingly. MyDocLab should not be held responsible for any damage or loss incurred as the result of retesting requirement.
All test results are issued in a clear and accurate report. This report will be sent to the customer account in the MyDocLab mobile application. Reports are submitted for exclusive use by our clients. No reference to the work, the results, or to MyDocLab may be made in any form of advertising, news release, or other public announcements without written authorization from MyDocLab.
Any arising conflicts pertaining to the services that require reissuance of report is subjected to MyDocLab’s decision and approval.
Conditions of Reporting
It is presumed that the tests performed on the specimen belong to the patient named or identified.
Results of tests may vary from laboratory to laboratory and also in the same parameters from time to time for the same patient. Should the results indicate an unexpected abnormality, the same should be reconfirmed.
In the event where sample re-collection is required, the collection of fresh specimens will be done upon authorization by the client.
The time for re-collection of the sample shall be advised by MyDocLab upon payment by the client.
Sample Retention, Discard and Return
MyDocLab follows strict guidelines specified by the Ministry of Health Malaysia for sample retention and discards after completion of testing. Due to the hazardous risk possessed by the sample, any request to return the sample to the client will not be entertained.
MyDocLab mobile application is our online booking application with Integrated Payment Gateway for customers who wish to avail of our service by making an advance/full payment to MyDocLab Sdn. Bhd.
For samples that are not yet collected. The entire amount paid will be refunded in the below events:
- If registration and booking have been done but the service cannot be provided at the agreeable time.
- If the customer has done multiple duplicate registration and booking due to system errors.
- If MyDocLab had not made any adequate attempt to provide service.
In all other scenarios other than the mentioned above, RM10 will be deducted as cancellation charges.
For samples collected, processed but fully canceled by the laboratory (all tests unreported) due to technical reasons, MyDocLab will collect fresh specimens and process the same free of cost upon authorization from the client. Alternatively, the client reserves the right to ask for a refund which shall be granted in full to the client as the case may be.
All refunds are processed as fund transfers in the name of the beneficiary within 14 working days from the date of cancellation.
Conditions of Sale, Warranty, and Limit of Liability
MyDocLab provides services to its clients on a fee-for-service basis. All services are performed by MyDocLab in accordance with the service notes, terms, and conditions specified in the test schedule.
The only warranty that MyDocLab offers is that it will perform its services with due care in accordance with its outlined SOPs and generally prevailing industry standards and applicable government regulations. The only remedy for breach of this warrant will be to require MyDocLab to repeat the services or to be credited for fees paid for services performed.